Thursday, August 16, 2012

Shut up and play the hits



     LCD Soundsystem is one of my favorite artists. There are several wonderful albums and even a 45 minute long track designed to be used with Nike shoes or something. (Preview it here.) It was released when I lived in Florida so whenever I listen to it now I imagine driving through swampy-beach landscapes. Perhaps not what he had in mind, but still fun.

     Though I have never seen James Murphy live, I look forward to seeing the documentary on his final series of sold out shows. It is called Shut Up And Play The Hits, and I can't believe it's not playing in LA. It looks to pose some interesting quesitons. How many bands or television shows know when and how to go out at the top of their game? When you begin a creative project do you imagine how it will end?



See the trailer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment